Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
The St Vincent de Paul Society has lent the hand of support to Australians experiencing disadvantage for almost 170 years. Almost 45,000 members and volunteers dedicate their time and talents to this important work in communities across the country.
As well as visiting individuals and families in their homes, the Society runs a range of programs to support people experiencing homelessness; family violence; mental illness; help for migrants and refugees; supported employment; addiction services; education and training; youth support services and Vinnies shops.
At the core of the Society’s good work is a grassroots commitment to helping people break their own personal cycles of disadvantage. Our members and volunteers are on the ground, every day, acutely aware of the hardships that impact the social fabric of modern-day Australia.
The National Communications Officer leads the coordination, production and editing of national publications; and develops and implements communications plans and content to support National Council’s activities, including media, website, social media and advocacy materials.
KEY BUSINESS DRIVERS
This position is directly responsible to the Director, National Communication and Media or their delegate, for the following KBDs and the achievement of Key Performance Indicators.
- Providing high-quality editorial and writing services for the Society’s national print and digital publications, including The Record, Good Works and the National Overview.
- Developing, implementing and evaluating communications plans to support National Council initiatives, including national advocacy and engagement activities.
- Sourcing, writing and editing content suitable for a range of communications channels including the Society’s website (vinnies.org.au) and social media presences.
- Developing media products, such as media releases, opinion pieces; and, under the direction of the Director, National Communications and Media, handling media enquiries and liaising with senior executives to produce media responses.
- Building relationships with key internal stakeholders across the Society to tell the story of the Society and its members, respond to media enquiries and deliver key communications and engagement outputs.
- Other duties as directed.
These KBDs and the associated KPIs cannot be delegated without the authority of the CEO or their delegate. Other duties may be required, as directed, commensurate with skills and abilities.