Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
- Aged care focus
- Supportive team environment
- Permanent, part-time role based in Lismore, NSW
The Emerging Futures Collaborative Limited (EFCL) is an innovative ministry established by a collaborative of Catholic Religious Institutes in Australia, to address an emerging need in religious life for transition and support services. The Presentation Sisters Lismore is one of EFCL’s Service Partners.
The Lismore Congregation is comprised of 21 Sisters with differing living arrangements in Lismore and surrounds. As part of their responsibility to provide support services to the Presentation Sisters Lismore, EFCL seeks to engage a Pastoral Coordinator.
About the Role
The Pastoral Coordinator plays a vital role in ensuring the Sisters, both individually and collectively, are supported to continue to live their religious life and mission in a way that enhances their wellbeing.
Reporting to the Shared Services Manager, EFCL, you will provide pastoral and practical support to the Sisters, ensuring supports and resources are appropriate to their needs, and escalate matters if and when required.
You will maintain regular contact with and advocate on behalf of the Sisters and represent them in interactions with agencies such as Centrelink and aged care providers.
Using your exceptional interpersonal skills, you will develop and maintain positive relationships, provide companionship to each Sister and assist the Sisters in maintaining connections with their family and friends.
You will convene gatherings of the Sisters and oversight special events such as birthdays and jubilees. Ensuring confidence and discretion, you will manage each Sister’s personal documents, including legal and financial documents.
The role is a permanent, part-time role (22.8 hours a week) with flexibility required to be available to take after-hours calls.
Your experience in providing care, support, and coordination in a community setting is key to this role. Just as important is your sensitivity to the needs and cultural context of religious Sisters.
Specifically, as the ideal candidate for this role, you will meet the following Key Requirements:
- Relevant qualifications in pastoral care, social work or a related field.
- Proven experience in providing care, support, and coordination within a community or religious setting and familiarity with legal and administrative requirements related to aged care, power of attorney and guardianship.
- Willingness to understand and align with the mission and charism of the Presentations Sisters Lismore, and interest in learning the history, life, mission and ethos of the Congregation.
- Ability to act with empathy and genuine interest in each Sister’s situation and to maintain tact, discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
- Current Driver’s Licence and access to a fully insured and maintained motor vehicle.
- National Police Check clearance and willingness to maintain an up-to-date Covid-19 vaccination status as determined from time to time by the Commonwealth Government.
What’s on Offer?
- The opportunity to work for a mission-focussed organisation that strives to make a difference in the lives of others.
- Negotiable days and span of hours.
- Per kilometer travel reimbursement for use of personal motor vehicle.
Enquiries and Application Process
To obtain a copy of the Position Description or enquire about the role, please contact Nevine Piperides at Reach HR on 0418 698 327 or [email protected].
Applications should be sent directly to [email protected] and must include a resume and cover letter. Your cover letter must outline your experience and suitability for the role, in particular, how you meet each of the Key Requirements outlined above.
Applications close Sunday, 3 March 2024, however interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be considered and shortlisted (if suitable) as they are received.
As this is an ongoing role, only candidates with the unrestricted right to work in Australia will be considered.