Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
- Opportunities to strive in our vibrant, growing team;
- A collaborative, authentic and respectful culture;
- We celebrate our people.
Here’s a unique opportunity to combine your skills in policy writing, compliance, implementation and training, in support of the mission of the Church in Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains. Working within the Governance, Risk & Compliance team, you will be providing high-level support to parishes, schools and agencies within the Diocese of Parramatta.
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 330,000 Catholics and is one of the most diverse and fastest growing dioceses in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 46 parishes and 82 Catholic schools across Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains and includes a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community. Learn more about us @ Diocese of Parramatta (parracatholic.org)
What we Value
- We pride ourselves on living the values of Collaborate, Respect, Celebrate and Strive.
- Link to: Our Values – YouTube
About the role
Working with multiple stakeholders, the Policy Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the overarching policy governance framework for the Diocese and its various agencies. This will include curating and revising policies in collaboration with subject matter experts, raising awareness around legal, regulatory and compliance obligations, and educating and supporting stakeholders on Diocesan policies.
You will need to be able to work autonomously and balance multiple priorities while ensuring strict confidentiality and a proactive approach to your work. You will ensure effective and efficient administrative and records management systems are in place.
Key to this role is your extensive experience in policy writing and your ability to meet with stakeholders to effectively gather requirements. Just as important is your ability to work both independently and as a collaborative member of a small team.
Specifically, as the successful candidate you will ideally meet the following Essential Requirements:
- Relevant Tertiary qualifications (e.g., business administration/public policy/law/human resources) and/ or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a related field;
- A demonstrated understanding and preparedness to commit to the ethos and values of the Diocese of Parramatta and the Catholic Church;
- Ability to network and interact effectively with multiple and diverse stakeholders;
- Ability to build and maintain relationships and work confidently with people at all levels;
- A demonstrated ability to work well in a team and contribute to a positive workplace culture;
- Well-developed written and effective verbal communication skills, including being a good listener with attention to detail;
- High level skills in Microsoft Office suite and proven ability to adapt to new computer software and applications;
- A high-level thinker with strong problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise effectively and work to deadlines;
- Demonstrated focus on outcomes and emphasis on exceeding customer/client expectations;
- Significant commitment to client services and accountability for their performance;
- Ability to operate with discretion and maintain strict confidentiality;
- A demonstrated ability to comply with administration policies and systems;
- Demonstrated experience with stakeholder management; and
- Previous experience in roles which require the understanding of policy development and roll out including delivery of training is preferable.
If you believe you meet the above Essential Requirements and want to work for an organisation that provides a supportive work environment, then we would love to hear from you!
Benefits of working with us
As an employer that genuinely values our staff, we offer the following:
- A competitive salary based on your qualifications, experience and knowledge;
- Salary packaging options (which can increase your take-home pay);
- Flexible work arrangements, flexible hours; and option to work from home and the office as per the relevant policy;
- Additional paid leave between Christmas and New Year;
- An authentic, diverse and friendly culture; and
- Professional development opportunities.
From our end:
Applications for the position should include:
- A covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role and explain how your skills, experience and capabilities align to the criteria in relation to undertaking this role.
- Curriculum Vitae.
Applications close 10pm Monday 20 February 2023.
So, if you’re interested – Do Not Delay – Apply Now as applications will be reviewed as they are received.
The Diocese of Parramatta reserves the right to commence recruitment activities immediately and may close an advertisement prior to any disclosed close date.
Only candidates with the right to live and work in Australia should apply for this position. No sponsorship is available for this position. We welcome applicants from all religions.
The Diocese of Parramatta is a child safe organisation and is committed to providing child safe communities that recognise and uphold the dignity and rights of all children, young people, and vulnerable adults.
The Diocese of Parramatta is respectful and accepting of individual differences and is committed to embracing diversity and treating all people with dignity. In all that we do in the course of our work, the Diocese of Parramatta acknowledges the traditional custodians of the lands in which the Diocese of Parramatta sits, the land of the Darug and Gundungurra people.
No agency contact please. This position is being managed internally.