Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
A unique opportunity for a Religious Education Resourcing Manager to play an integral role at Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools.
At Melbourne Archdiocese Catholic Schools Ltd (MACS) we envision every student to be inspired and enabled to flourish and enrich the world. MACS is the largest Catholic school system in Australia. We own, govern and operate approximately 300 Catholic schools, employ over 16,000 staff and serve more than 112,000 students and their families in the Archdiocese of Melbourne. It is an exciting time to join MACS, where we are transforming to bring to life our recently launched strategic plan: MACS 2030: forming lives to enrich the world.
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Professional development opportunities with a defined personalised annual budget
- Access to flexible working arrangements, which include working from home arrangements
- You will work in a tight-knit, supportive team to ensure you succeed in your role
Working with the Catholic Mission and Identity (CMI) Team collaborating with school leaders, clergy, teachers and parents to support Catholic schools within the Archdiocese of Melbourne in living out their call to be lively communities of Catholic faith. The Religious Education Resourcing Manager will demonstrate a commitment to Catholic faith and practice, the principles of Catholic Social teaching and to the policies and priorities of MACS.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the development and co-design of initiatives and shared vision of MACS 2030, particularly regarding the alignment of RE with the MACS statements of Mission, Purpose and Vision, and other strategic documents
- Lead and manage the work of responding to the recommendations and implementation steps of the Religious Education Curriculum Review (2022-23) in which changes can be made to build up a culture of RE excellence
- Prioritise RE with a view to both faith formation and academic excellence
- Lead the design of resources to support a content rich approach to RE informed by the needs and aspirations of RE teachers
- Manage the provision of effective programs, providing support and professional learning to schools, MACS staff and other diocesan staff related to Catholic mission, faith formation, Catholic leadership and Religious Education
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and coach teams to deliver quality outcomes
- Knowledge of the nature and purpose of Religious Education and familiar with the direction of Religious Education in the Archdiocese of Melbourne
- Strong theological, religious education or relevant educational expertise that will support the empowerment and formation of school leaders and teachers
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to influence and work collaboratively across varied teams and stakeholders
- Well-developed problem-solving skills with the ability to initiate practical solutions
HOW TO APPLY
Please refer to the position description for further details about the role and the Key Selection Criteria.
You will need to provide:
1. An up to-date Resume and
2. A cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria, limited to two pages
Note: MACS is committed to the safety, wellbeing and protection of all children in our care. The successful candidate must hold or acquire, and maintain a Victorian Institute of Teaching (VIT) and/or Working with Children Check, and must be willing to obtain and maintain a National Criminal History Check.
Candidates must hold full Australian Working Rights, and provide evidence of this.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 4.00pm Friday, 8 December 2023