Talk to us
CathNews, the most frequently visited Catholic website in Australia, is your daily news service featuring Catholics and Catholicism from home and around the world, Mass on Demand and on line, prayer, meditation, reflections, opinion, and reviews. And, what's more - it's free!
- Join our small, but growing team
- Flexible work environment
- Attractive remuneration and benefits
The Diocese of Parramatta is home to more than 320,000 Catholics and is one of the fastest growing dioceses in Australia. The Diocese is made up of 46 parishes and 80 Catholic schools across Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains, as well as a number of agencies which assist the Bishop in the pastoral care of the community.
An effective risk management policy and framework is an essential aspect of the Diocese’ governance and decision-making processes. Consequently, the Diocese is expanding its Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) Team and is seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Risk and Compliance to fill this new role.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of GRC, as the Senior Manager, Risk and Compliance you will have responsibility for ensuring that compliance and risk management frameworks and processes are effectively implemented within the Diocesan governance structure.
Working in partnership with Senior Leadership of the Diocese, you will support the implementation of the risk management framework, specifically, by supporting the evaluation and quantification of risks and opportunities and providing management tools to oversee risk management and minimisation.
You will support the automation of risk reporting and analysis and contribute to fostering a risk awareness culture, including through the delivery of presentations and workshops on risk management and compliance activities.
You will provide expert advice, support and recommendations to the Head of GRC on a range of complex risk and compliance management matters, in accordance with established policies, procedures, legislative requirements and professional standards.
You will keep up to date with and ensure that the risk management process is delivered to industry best practice standards.
The role is a permanent, full-time role located at the Diocesan Office in Parramatta.
Key to this role is your extensive knowledge and experience in the area of risk and compliance and your commitment to supporting the ethos and values of the Catholic Church and the Diocese of Parramatta.
Specifically, as the successful candidate you will ideally meet the following Key Requirements:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (e.g. Governance, Risk, Compliance, Audit, Business and/or other related discipline) and/ or equivalent significant experience in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking a range of risk and compliance activities, such as financial and/or corporate/business risk management; compliance and regulatory updates and reviews; process reviews; quality management; internal control systems; and business continuity management
- Knowledge of government legislation, policies and procedures, as they relate to internal compliance activities
- Proven ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively in a team; to think creatively; problem solve; and develop strategic plans that consider risk assessments, compliance requirements, budgetary requirements, and organisational needs
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders and colleagues and demonstrated strong customer focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to develop critical and complex reports and documentation, and to provide specialist advice on issues of a complex nature
- Can manage competing priorities and work under pressure to deliver high quality work and is adaptive and responsive to change
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills.
If you believe you meet the above Key Requirements and want to work for a mission-focussed organisation that provides a supportive work environment, then we would love to hear from you!
Enquiries and application process
If you would like to know more about the role and to obtain a copy of the Position Description, please contact Anthony Spata at REACH HR on 0402 210 055 or [email protected] .
Applications should be sent directly to Anthony Spata at [email protected] and include:
- a brief cover letter outlining how you meet each of the Key Requirements outlined above; and
- a current resume.
Applications close Monday, 13 February 2023.
The Diocese is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children. Preferred candidates must be willing to obtain a current Working with Children Check.
Preferred candidates must also be willing to obtain a national police check and to have a satisfactory check outcome.